Birchbox is a subscription service that sends a goody box full of high-end samples and sometimes full-size products based on the profile you complete to make sure they suit your needs/wants! The subscription costs $10/monthwhich is pretty reasonable seeing as the box itself can contain items WELL over that amount (note – I received my 1 year subscription as a gift for being a loyal customer of Cafe Escapes so check them out and tell them @KimB_2012 sent you). They also have a nice rewards program, where for each survey you complete for the products that are sent you get 10 points and then every 100 points earns you $10 in Birchbox credits which you can redeem in their online store for full-sized products. One feature I ♥ about their website is that it details featured items you might see in your box, featured items for next month’s box you might see and the tracking number for each package. Extremely helpful – especially to ensure that you received everything that was hand selected for you by Birchbox. Currently they are only offering this for women but I saw a link on their site that shows beta testing for men which would be really interesting! If this sounds like something you’re interested in, please use my referral link to join now
Atelier Cologne | Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue – Thanks to spicy ginger and a touch of bergamot, this sexy new rose scent is more sophisticated than sweet. (Full-size, $75-$195)
- First Impressions: Bergamot seems to be a “hot” scent lately as I’ve seen it not only in colognes/perfumes but even candles as well and I am not quite sure why as the smell is positively repulsive to me. A bit harsh sure but I just don’t understand what is alluring about it! This cologne made both my husband and I gag when we only cracked open the bottle a hair to test it out. It reminded me more of something a grandmother might wear and even that might be a stretch. Let’s stick to more floral, sweet and less intensive scents!
Lulu Organics | Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder – Revive second-day locks by working this organic dry shampoo into your roots. You’ll get plenty of lift, but no residue. (Full-size, $30)
- First Impressions: This product is extremely pleasant smelling and I consider myself a somewhat perfect candidate to test it out seeing as I have extremely thin hair that tends to get oily after just one day. I actually love that this product is not aerosol based like most dry shampoos out on the market and it seemed to blend it just a tad better than others I’ve tried. I wound up using more than the advised amount but so far, so good! The fact that it’s organic is a huge plus in my book.
Miracle Skin Transformer | Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector – Before applying makeup, prep skin with this serum-infused primer, which has optical diffusers that mask imperfections. (Full-size, $58)
- First Impressions: The market is saturated with primers and products that promise to hide unsightly flaws in our skin and I have tested more than my share of them. This one wasn’t any better or worse than any of the BB creams out on the market or other spot treatment products I’ve tested. With a price tag of $58 I’ll happily finish the rest of my sample and stick with my current product.
ModelCo | FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara – Falsies without the fuss. This innovative mascara uses tiny lash-extending fibers to give you a lengthy fringe. Tip: Rotate the wand inside the bottle to pick up the fibers. (Full-size, $24)
- First Impressions: I tried this mascara out for the first time this morning and I have to say, I was not blown away and I really wanted to be! I have yet to find a mascara that really can add length/volume to my sparse lashes but alas the only thing I have had success with has been falsies. This product actually clumped up a bit when applying and I found it difficult to separate the lashes there after. One positive aspect is that my lashes feel extremely soft – as if I am not wearing any mascara.
Chuao Chocolatier | 7-pack Assorted ChocoPod – These bite-sized artisanal treats are made with premium Venezuelan cacao and come in a range of unexpected flavors. (Full-size, $7.95)
- First Impressions: The product arrived completely melted in the package so I am unable to give a review on this. It smelled delicious, though!
November’s box was a bomb for me. I really hope Birchbox comes through for December! Remember, if you want to purchase a subscription use my link to join!